Saturday, September 29, 2012

Death By Chocolate Cupcakes

Chocolate. The best thing known to mankind! Most people I know LOVE chocolate. Really, what's not to love about it? I mean, yeah, okay - it isn't exactly 'healthy' but it kind of is. It can make you feel better, you just have to eat the right kind and the right amount so it doesn't become 'unhealthy'. However, that is NOT what this post is about! This is about that moment when all you can think about is how delicious and satisfying that amazing chocolate flavor is when it's coating the inside of your mouth ... hungry for chocolate now, aren't you?
Well I love chocolate. In almost every way, shape, and form. It is a girl's best friend! ha ha
A couple of years ago I became really interested in some recipes I had found by Hungry Girl ... for those of you who have never heard of her, I highly recommend doing a little Google search! She has AMAZING recipes ... and she makes them guilt-free so you can enjoy them! I have almost all of her cookbooks and I watch her show regularly on television (she has my DREAM kitchen!!). I have made tons of recipes and have loved them! She has all sorts of amazing swaps and tricks and tips to make the food you enjoy eating but without the guilt of the calories and fat that add up so quickly! If you enjoy cooking and eating, you need to check out her website!
Well this morning I was sitting on the couch thinking about how I wanted to bake something ... and then I decided I wanted it to be chocolate! So I went to my stash of cookbooks and pulled out my Hungry Girl books because they have yummy and healthy recipes. I flipped through the first two and didn't see anything that was 'hitting the spot' ... but when I got to the third one, I found it! There at the top of the page were the most amazing words I had ever read ... DEATH. BY. CHOCOLATE. CUPCAKES. ... wow, music to my ears (or eyes)!
I headed off to Walmart and Fareway to pick up what I didn't have here at the house. I gathered up all my ingredients and supplies, and my camera so I could blog about it, and away I went. I have already had one of the cupcakes and mmmmmm was it delicious!!
So the next time you are craving a moist chocolate cupcake without the guilt ... here is a great recipe to try! Enjoy!!

Death By Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box sugar free chocolate cake mix
4 packets diet hot cocoa mix
1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
2 teaspoons no calorie sweetener
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups boiling water

Place contents of cocoa packets and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Add boiling water and stir until chips and cocoa have dissolved. Place in freezer to chill for about 25 minutes. Remove from freezer and stir.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 12-cup muffin pans with nonstick spray or line with baking cups.
In large mixing bowl place cake mix, sweetener, salt, and egg substitute. Add liquid cocoa mixture. Whip batter with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
Fill 24 muffin liners with batter and place in oven. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Tops will look shiny when done. Let cool 3-4 minutes then remove from pan.

*My Notes*
I ate my cupcake just plain, they are super moist and super chocolaty. If you feel the need for frosting, I would suggest using cool whip or drizzling marshmallow creme ... frosting would probably be too rich on these cupcakes.

















No comments:

Post a Comment