Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mandarin Orange - Cottage Cheese Salad

Okay, so this recipe SOUNDS disgusting, LOOKS disgusting when you're making it, but it TASTES amazing!! :) Just trust me!
I have had this salad a few times at potlucks but have never been able to figure out what was all in it. I just knew that it tasted so good ... but then I always forget about it. Well the other day I was talking to my mom about it and she said her mom used to make that salad and she was pretty sure it was just a few ingredients mixed together. So, I googled it ... and amazingly enough I found it. I know, should have just done that from the beginning, right?! Anyways, memory served my mom correctly - it was just as simple as mixing a few ingredients together ... and voila - you have a delicious and nutritious salad!
As I said, I know that it looks and sounds gross - but if you can just get past that and try it, it's actually really good! We are having ours today for lunch ... can't wait! Enjoy!!

Mandarin Orange - Cottage Cheese Salad
1 small box sugar free orange jello
1 - 24oz container low fat cottage cheese
1 - 15oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1 - 8oz tub fat free cool whip, thawed

Place the cottage cheese into a large bowl. Pour in jello powder. Mix thoroughly. Add in can of drained mandarin oranges and stir together. Fold in tub of thawed cool whip. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

*My Notes*

This is the healthy version of this recipe. If you are not concerned with the nutritional value of the salad you can use the regular version of the items instead, they both taste great!












No comments:

Post a Comment