Sunday, January 27, 2013

3-2-1 Cake

I, like most people, enjoy having dessert after my dinner. The problem with most desserts is that it yields an entire pan and instead of just eating one bar or one piece of cake, I keep going back for more ... or, if I don't go back for more, the cake/bars/cookies get dried out and yucky before they all get eaten. When I came across a recipe for one serving cake, I thought it seemed like a great idea! Now, when I'm done eating dinner and I feel like having some dessert I can just make myself a serving of this cake - and the powder just stays in an airtight container in the cupboard, which makes it last a lot longer than an already baked cake! The only downside I really see to this, is you'd have to eat the same flavor of cake until your mix is all gone. I have measured it out and it will make approximately 28 servings. Well, if a family of four eats dessert every night then it would only take one week to get through the mix. My family doesn't necessarily eat a dessert every night so I'm guessing it will last a little longer than that for us. Although, sometimes when I come home from work I want a sweet snack to have so I could always have my 'dessert' for a snack instead! And of course the great thing about this recipe is you can have any flavor cake you want and you can add anything you want to it!
This time I did a chocolate fudge cake ... and for one serving there is 117 calories or 3 ww points. Now you can always add extra things into this individual cake if you are looking for 'a little more' ... cool whip on top, a drizzle of sugar free ice cream syrup, a small scoop of ice cream on the side, some fruit, some chocolate chips, the options are really endless! However, more options on top will add more calories to the total ... I will probably be sticking with the plain cake ... I made a sample for my family, and everyone really liked it. I think it will be just the right size for a tasty and low-calorie dessert! And it is SO easy to make ... as easy as 1-2-3!!



3-2-1 Cake
*yields approximately 28 servings*

1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 box any flavor cake mix

Empty contents of both packages into an airtight container, stir lightly until thoroughly mixed. When ready to make a cake simply add 3 tbsp cake mix and 2 tbsp water into a coffee mug or small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy!
(don't be alarmed when it doesn't look like a normal cake ... it does get a spongy appearance/texture to it from the angel food cake mix, be sure not to over-stir it)
















No comments:

Post a Comment