Sunday, January 27, 2013

85 calorie Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

Today has been kinda cruddy as far as weather goes ... we have been having rain/ice off and on for most of the day. Seeing as I am just getting over a cold, I decided it was probably best to just stay indoors today. So I took the opportunity to spend the afternoon in the kitchen making some new recipes that I have had piling up!
Last night I got to watch my favorite man in the world, Adam Levine, host Saturday Night Live ... and I watched it again today! Yes, I may be slightly obsessed with his awesomeness!!! <3  Since he was on my mind I decided his album 'Overexposed' would be my playlist while I baked today. I set my iTouch up, hit shuffle and repeat, and Adam and I spent the day in the kitchen together!! <3  It was almost perfect! Of course, him standing in the kitchen singing would have made it completely perfect, but I'll take what I can get for now! haha
To start the day off, I made a batch of Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes ... they are supposed to only be 85 calories, but I made mine slightly bigger and therefore they came out to be 115 calories. For a nice little dessert though, that's not bad! Some of my family is participating in Weight Watchers so I always have to do calories and points on everything I make ... in the case of the cupcakes, they came out to 3 points each. Again, not bad for a dessert. They taste really good too, which is always important!
Afton started out helping me, but after about 1 1/2 recipes she quit because she was bored ... it seems I may have more of the 'Betty' gene in me!! haha
These cupcakes were about as easy as could be to make ... hope you enjoy!

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
*yields 18-24*

1 box strawberry cake mix
12 ounces Diet Cherry 7-Up
1 tub (8oz) fat free cool whip, thawed
1 small box instant sugar free Cheesecake pudding 

Preheat oven to 325.
Empty contents of cake mix into large mixing bowl, add pop and mix well with electric mixer.
Place cupcake liners in muffin pan or spray with cooking spray. Fill liners 3/4 full with batter.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Leave on counter to cool.
Empty contents of cool whip into medium mixing bowl, add pudding mix and stir until everything is blended.
Frost cupcakes once completely cooled.














No comments:

Post a Comment