Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pancake Muffins

Great breakfast idea for children ... and even adults! Pancakes are not one of my favorite foods, but I do like to have them once in awhile. I don't have time in the mornings to make pancakes before work, but I found a recipe for pre-made pancakes in a muffin pan! Seemed like a great recipe to try, so guess what I am having for breakfast this week?! haha Yep, pancake muffins!
This recipe made 12 big pancake muffins, you could easily make 15, or even mini ones if you wanted. I have them calculated at 103 calories for the chocolate chip ones and 80 calories for the fruit ones ... they are only 2 ww points for either variety.
I plan on keeping mine in the freezer and just popping them in the microwave when I get to work. If I had kids, I think I would be making this on Sunday nights so that breakfast for the week would be simple and of course, delicious! I'm guessing that my toddlers at work would thoroughly enjoy these!

Pancake Muffins
*yields 12-15 regular sized muffins*

2 cups pancake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup pancake syrup
optional add ins: mini chocolate chips, sliced fruit, bacon, sausage, etc. 

Preheat oven to 325.
Place pancake mix, water, and syrup in large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Spray muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
Fill each muffin about 3/4 full.
Place optional fillings on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Serve with warm syrup.
 Filling ideas: raspberries w/ white chocolate chips, peanut butter w/chocolate chips, banana w/peanut butter, banana w/chocolate chip, banana w/ strawberry or blueberry, banana, blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, bacon, sausage.

 

*My Notes*
I used sugar free syrup and used blueberries(4), strawberries(4), and mini chocolate chips(4)and placed 1 tsp of syrup on top for mine. I would suggest baking them for a few minutes before adding on the extras though, the original recipe said that they would soak into the pancake as it cooked but mine ended up soaking all the way to the bottom!








No comments:

Post a Comment